AHA PALS Skills Check (Blended Learning)
This is a Skills Check of the PALS course described below. Course duration is approx. 60 mins. Must complete online portion first!
The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. The course checks the skills required and requires demonstrations of important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics.Upon successful completion, students receive a PALS Provider card, valid for two years.
Blended Learning 2-Step Process:
AHA eLearning with CPR Choice: Flexible. Convenient. Trusted.
We are now offering American Heart Association eLearning and blended learning courses which provide flexible training solutions. Students are able to complete online training at their own pace and on their own schedule, then complete a personalized skills check in person.
There are TWO parts to any AHA eLearning course:
First, complete your desired AHA eLearning class on heart.org. There is an online simulation and written test completion required (0.5 to 2 hours).
- Part 1 - eLearning Course. All available eLearning courses are listed here:
- Important: You must print the certificate of completion at the end of the online portion. You will need to give this to your instructor when you attend the skills check. It is necessary to show that you completed the online portion and passed the exam. If you do not have your certificate of completion, you will not be able to complete the skills practice and testing of the course.
Next, complete the Skills Check with one of our instructors at CPR Choice.
- Part 2 - Skills Check at our CPR Choice location: You'll perform personalized manikin practice and skills testing (1 hour).
- This is an American Heart Association course.
- You will receive your CPR card via email using the AHA eCard system the same-day of the course.
- Your CPR card will be identical to the classroom-based CPR card with no mention of it being a blended "online" course.
For healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies and for personnel in emergency response.
2 Years. AHA eCards are received within 24 hours of completing class. CPR Choice is an official Training Center for the American Heart Association.
Skills Check is Only $100.
Card Received within 24 hours of Successful Completion of the Course: